Relocating to a new country is usually a mixture of excitement and anxiety. It is therefore important that all necessary skills are acquired for proper utilization. These skills could also give you a major boost in your job-finding after completing college, and they come in handy especially during the process of settling down.
Some of these skills include:
1. IT skills: This is a broad field and requires that you identify the specific area you would like to acquire skills in. Some of the fields in information technology are digital marketing, UI/UX design, and coding (software development). They tend to have a favorable job outlook in most countries, and learning these skills can give you an edge when searching for a job.
2. Communication skills: It is important to learn how to communicate effectively with people in your environment so as not to be misunderstood because communication based on every individual is different.
3. Fashion designing: Learning how to sew dresses can give you a lot of money in any country overseas because the amount spent on designing dresses is far above the amount at which the material was purchased. However, it is important to know how to sew professionally because you would need to get the necessary certification before you could sew a dress.
4. Weaving and braiding: Learning how to braid and weave hair is one of the most lucrative skills for individuals who plan to travel abroad because hair stylists make lots of money making simple African braids. It would also be a plus to learn nail fixing, manicure, and pedicure.
5. Electrician: As an electrician abroad, you can choose to specialize in house wiring, installing electrical equipment, electronics repair, and many others. However, after acquiring the skill, you will need to register with the necessary regulatory bodies to practice your skill.
6. Auto mechanics: these are individuals who repair faulty cars, and most people in developed countries own cars, from teenagers to the working class, and these cars will eventually develop faults, require servicing, and require repair.
7.Microsoft Office Suite: All packages in the Microsoft Office Suite are very important, however, it is important to place more focus on Microsoft Word and Excel. The Microsoft Word is a tool used for writing, making memos, and producing paper reports, while the Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet tool used for calculations, charts, and recording data. On the Ms-Excel, if you are very conversant with it, you might find easily opportunities as a Data Entry Personnel.
8. Driving: knowing the basic skill of driving can be useful in a new environment, especially when you intend to buy a car. However, most countries have different driving methods, and you may need to learn the method when you get to the foreign country.
9. Cultural awareness: It is important that after deciding on the country you would be relocating to, you check online to learn a few things about the people, the culture of the country, the food they eat, and lots more.
10. Tutor: This is a lucrative skill that can be converted into money, especially for those migrating to other countries that do not majorly speak English. You could decide to pick up tutoring for kids and adults on how to read and write in the English language.
Aside from these skills, there are a variety of other interpersonal and intrapersonal skills that should be learned, such as flexibility, adaptability, self-awareness, confidence, networking, and many others.