There are different sectors in Nigeria, but recently the hospitality industry has been reported to be thriving. Nigeria has been witnessing the rise of many hotels in several areas in Nigeria. However, each of these hotels has its own class and features; some are classic, while others are premium.
The hospitality industry generates high revenue for the country yearly and, of course, a percentage of the amount would be directed to the state and federal governments as tax. Some of the most expensive hotels in Nigeria are:
1. The George: This is located on Lugard Avenue in Ikoyi, Lagos state, and the nightly rate ranges from # 192,000 to # 780,000 depending on the room and service provided. This hotel has 61 fully air-conditioned rooms which include the classic room, classic studio rooms, executive rooms, classic suites, single and double rooms, and penthouse suites. Each room has a seating area, a flat screen TV, a kitchenette, a dining area, a private bathroom with free toiletries, free Wi-Fi, fitness center, restaurant, bar, coffee makers, tea maker and swimming pool.
2. Sheraton Hotel: This is located on Mobolaji Bank Way in Ikeja, Lagos State, this hotel charges an average of $170,000 to $500,000 per night. This is one of the largest hotel in Nigeria, comprising of 337 guest room. There are several facilities you tend to enjoy such as restaurants, bar, lounge, outdoor pool, outdoor table tennis court, a business center, conference room, deposit box, picnic area and terrace.
3. Fraser suite: this is located at Abuja and was founded in 2018. It has luxurious amenities and well maintained. The average charge rate per night is from #128,000 to #1,100,000 and offer a wide range of apartments from studios to 4- bedroom penthouses offering sensational views. Some other services offered by this hotel include outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre, restaurants, bars, barbeque centers.
4. Wheatbaker hotel: this hotel gives comfort and luxury via its rooms and services. It is located at Onitolo Road, Ikoyi Lagos State. The average charge rate per night is from #120,000 to #435,000 and has 65 guest rooms on over 3 floors having their individual air condition, flat screen TV with satellite channels, mini bar, tea and coffee makers and private bathrooms. It also provides other services such as restaurant, bar and grill room.
5. The Lagos Continental: This hotel is located in Victoria Island, Lagos state. It is the tallest hotel in West Africa with several amazing, unique features. Per night, you are charged an average price of #105,000 to #390,000. However, the cost of hotel lodging varies depending on the room type, number of occupants, and length of stay. This hotel is known to have rooms of different dining types, event halls, a salon, a spa, and a swimming pool.
6. Transcorp Hilton: this hotel is located in Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja and has up to 670 rooms including facilities for the physically challenged. The average price per Night is within the range of #87,400 to #662,625.This hotel stands out among some other hotel due to its special room services and the design of rooms for its specific purpose. This hotel also has some other features such as the business centre, outdoor pool, restaurant, fitness centre, tennis court, free parking space and non-smoking rooms.
7. Four points: this is a multinational hotel situated in Victoria Island, Lagos state and designed with several facilities such as swimming pool, wellness centre, and yoga classes with personal trainers, massage rooms, Jacuzzi, beauty services and many others. The charge rate per night ranges from #84,000 to #12,000 and has 231 luxurious rooms with several unique features.
8. Radisson Blu: this hotel has a beachfront view, 170 rooms, and some other amazing features. It is situated in Victoria Island, Lagos state and has been recorded to be designed by Christian Lundwall the famous Swedish hospitality designer and the average price per night ranges from #82,000 to #257,000.
These hotels has been said to receive high calibers of people in the country and have always put in more effort continually to maintain the standard at which they are known for. For some of these hotels, you can make your bookings online by visiting the official website then come around on the planned date. Booking ahead is as well more advisable because you might be familiar with you hotel of choice and in order to avoid the experience of your desired space filled up, you can choose to book ahead.