An art gallery which could also be called an art museum is a building or space for the exhibition of art, usually visual art. In an art gallery, you would mostly find sculpture, decorative arts, furniture, textiles, costume, drawings, pastels, watercolors, collages, prints, artists’ books, photographs, and installation art.
Below are the top art galleries in the USA.
1. Museum of Modern Art: This is located in New York City, which is an airy, modern hub of pop culture and 20th-century delights. Part of the Museum of Modern Art’s permanent collection are the absolutely iconic wonders of Starry Night by Van Gogh, Water Lilies by Monet, and Les Demoiselles d’Avignon by Picasso. Here, you would also see Campbell’s Soup Cans by Warhol and also some cutting-edge fashion, film, and photography.
2. Philadelphia Museum of Art: This art museum was designed based on the temples of ancient Greece. Here, you would have access to see the works by Cezanne, Van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso, and lots more. It has also been recorded that there are also entire structures and portions of former buildings within the museum’s complex.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art: This art museum is housed inside a Gothic Revival building in Central Park. Here, you can find several collections, such as the classical antiques, ancient Egyptian antiquity, Greek and Roman art, Islamic exhibits, Asian textiles, and iconic clothing.
4. Los Angeles County Museum of Art: This art museum comprises several amazing views ranging from Islamic artifacts to modern artworks and European impressionist paintings to Korean and Japanese art, Greek art, Mexican art, fashion, design, and jewelry.
5. The Art Institute of Chicago: Here you have access to several thousands of permanent collection items from across the planet.
6. National Gallery of Art: This is located in Washington, D.C., close to the Capitol Building. It comprises the west and east buildings. The West Building is inspired by the Roman Pantheon and features older works by everyone from Claude Monet to Sandro Botticelli, while the East Building is modernist in design and houses numerous modern works, such as those by Mark Rothko and Henri Matisse. However, the National Gallery focuses on American and European art, which includes photos, sculptures, paintings, prints, and a lot more.
7. Detroit Institute of Arts: This is often called the Temple of Art, with a huge space that includes a 380-seat lecture hall and an auditorium that seats 1,150. Here, there is a permanent collection, which includes a self-portrait by Vincent Van Gogh and the iconic Detroit Industry fresco by Diego Rivera.
8. Cleveland Museum of Art: This museum has grown to be known as one of the best US art museums, and it houses various paintings, installations, photos, artifacts, and sculptures, which include works by Pablo Picasso, Claude Monet, Salvador Dali, and Vincent van Gogh.
9. The Whitney Museum of American Art, New York City: here, there are several square feet of galleries, including four outdoor spaces, its theater, its terraces, and its library and reading rooms. This museum offers an impressively curated collection, from photos to paintings and sculptures to films.
10. Walker Art Center: This art center is known for its notable collection of contemporary and modern works by European and American artists. Here, you would find photographs, paintings, sculptures, and a sculpture garden, which is one of the center’s most attractive portions
Some museums are themed, focusing on specific genres, cultures, and time periods but, many others are much more diverse, bringing to life many stories.