Ride hailing could be referred to as an act when a customer orders a customized ride online, making use of a smart phone. This ride order is usually placed from a ride hailing platform that mediates the service between the driver and the passenger. Hailing a ride is done by the customer from the application, then the application sends their location and request to a nearby driver who can choose to accept or reject the ride.
If they accept the ride, they will be able to see the car approaching them in their app as well as the time it will take for the car to arrive. Customers also see other information about the ride, such as a number plate number and the name of the driver, and as soon as the car arrives, they will be aware. Payment is usually done directly from the customer’s debit card and they do not necessarily have to bother about having cash or not.
Some of the top 5 hailing apps in India are:
1. Uber: This is one of the top ride booking services in India and also a premium ride. It started in India in 2013 and can be found in major cities in India, including Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, and Mumbai. Its popularity is on an increasing level and it is now active in many smaller cities as well. For frequent clients, it has become one of the best options for commuting. Out of several features, the major feature of Uber is that it has so many options, from vehicle choices to distance, to sharing the ride, to various payment options. However, this app is easy to work with and you can easily track your ride live, access ride history and pay in cash or online.
2. OLA: This is one of the most popular ride-hailing services in India, with over 600,000 registered vehicles across the country. It has its operations in all the major cities in India and several other cities across India. In making use of this application, you are required to register with your phone number or e-mail address and then book a ride to wherever you would like to go. On the Ola ride hailing apps, you can select the option of choosing the ride based on type of vehicle, price, and distance. This application is available for Android and iOS users and can be downloaded from their respective platforms.
3. Meru Cabs: This is a top cab booking app that was founded in 2007 and provides services across the major cities in India. It is easy to use and is also available on the Android and iOS platforms. This application has some major features which make it suitable for use, which include easy map navigation, route tracking, ride history, and a wide range of vehicle choices ranging from economy to luxurious.
4. Savaari Car Rentals: this is one of India’s growing online hailing apps and it specializes in rendering services both outside the city and within the city. For individuals who are in search of an affordable car for interstate travel, this happens to be the best option and is available for both Android and iOS users. Before you can begin ordering rides, you must first register, choose a destination, and confirm the rides. This application operates in more than 90 cities in India.
5. Carzonenet: this major cab booking service in India offers easy ride services in major cities in India, including Delhi, where it originated from, and also offers flexible and affordable travel solutions with a wide range of vehicle choices. The ride hailing app is available for both Android and iOS users, and it can be used to book both short- and long-distance rides. Its switch to the app version has made booking even easier, and one of the major highlights of Carzonenet is that it collaborated with the government of India’s Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation in 2015 so as to provide easy cab services.
These applications and ride companies have made movement from one place to another easier and convenient without having to worry about how you can get to several destinations