Summer is usually a lengthy period that spans from June to December and happens to be the warmest season of the year between spring and autumn. Planning for the summer is never too early because it is a season when a lot of infectious diseases spread and so you should ensure a completely hygienic atmosphere within and outside your home. During summer holidays, packing every needed item strategically means less stress and more fun while you are away.
Below are the things needed to get ready for summer:
1. Travel documents: These are the documents you cannot afford to travel without. Ensure you have your passport and various travel documents, such as your travel insurance and visa documents, and make a copy before you travel in case anything goes missing. It is advisable to have a hard and soft copy of all the required documents for a hassle-free journey.
2. Credit cards: Access to cash, debit cards, and credit cards is critical for having a safe and fun time during the summer. However, the benefits attached to credit cards differ from one to another. Some credit cards offer liability protection, rewards, extra air miles, tie-ups with some airlines, hotel discounts, quick transactions, and lots more.
3. Trolley bag: A bag is very important on every trip. However, for convenience, a bag with wheels is suggested because they are the most comfortable, thereby making carrying or moving luggage easier. While selecting a trolley bag, it is important to consider the material, quality, durability, and size of the bag in making your final selection.
4. Packing cubes: these are small containers that help save space in your luggage. They come in different shapes and sizes, making it easy to contain different-sized items. Packing these cubes also help avoid overpacking by providing a separate space for different belongings.
5. Summer outfits: The clothes you wear can also determine whether or not you have an enjoyable summer. Ladies can choose from maxi dresses, short or long sundresses, halter top dresses, skirts, and tank tops. You can also pick a pair of slide-on sandals, flip-flops, sneakers, or crocs. For men, you can decide to carry some beach wear, lightweight pants, T-shirts, sunhats, jeans, belts, shorts, and crocs.
6. Sunscreen: direct exposure to the sun could cause sunburn, age spots, wrinkles, or skin cancer. Therefore, sunscreen can protect your skin from sunburn and it also builds a protective layer between your skin and the harmful UV rays of the sun to prevent any permanent damage.
7. Sunglasses: this help in protecting the eyes from UV damage and also help in not having to squint in the sunshine. It is therefore important to purchase sunglasses that can block 100% of both UVA and UVB radiation to protect your eyes.
8. Filter water bottle: staying hydrated during the summer is important, especially during the heat of the summer. If you are planning a summer trip to another country, it is not always recommended to drink tap water directly due to the unknown source and level of filtration. Hence, the solution is for you to filter water from a reliable brand. This can clean around 99.99% of the impurities present within unfiltered water, making it drinkable.
9.Insect repellant: There are several insects out there during the summer capable of ruining your overall fun experience. However, an insect repellant can therefore protect you from insects that spread dengue fever, malaria, yellow fever and many other diseases.
10. Portable phone chargers or power banks: Telephones are very important during summer as you might need to take pictures of eventful moments. A phone needs to be charged from time to time for proper utilization, and forgetting or misplacing your phone’s charger can create a distressing situation and ruin your overall fun.
Summer is the best time to plan a trip with family and friends, and the activities that can be done on a vacation depend on the destination chosen. If you are heading to a coastal region, you can do some exciting water activities like scuba diving, swimming, surfing, and kayaking.