Traveling around the world can be expensive at times. There are some cheap ways to travel around the world without having to break the bank. However, these low-cost options are dependent on your current location and where you are flying from. Below are the top 10 destinations for budget travelers.
1. Thailand: This city has a rich culture with several beach huts, cuisine, and stunning natural and historical attractions, like island hopping and adventurous views, which are all available at affordable prices. However, despite the well-trodden routes through the country, it’s not hard to get away from the crowd. Thailand is a popular travel destination for budget travelers because it is relatively safe and inexpensive to visit.
2. Turkey: This is an extremely diverse country with so much to experience. Here, you can spend time strolling around and trying all the delicious street food or finding some of the best free things to do in the city, like visiting the Hagia Sophia. Although it is not quite as inexpensive as it used to be, you can easily stay within your budget with some planning.
3. New Zealand: This city offers some of the most interesting landscapes, such as jagged mountains, clear lakes, and steep fiords. Queenstown, which is located on the South Island, happens to draw the attention of a more adventurous crowd because of its exciting and attention-drawing features.
4. Greece: This is also known as the home of civilization. Greece used to be an expensive country to visit, but the current financial crisis has caused prices of accommodation, food, and drink to drop tremendously, making it an ideal and suitable time to visit.
5. Cambodia: This is a destination you would like to visit as a budget traveler. It has long been a popular Southeast Asia backpacking destination, thanks to the incredible temple complex of Angor Wat. Interestingly, you can visit cities such as Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kampot, and Kep on a $30 budget. In Cambodia, you can eat, get hostel beds, and have a foot massage at a very affordable price.
6. Costa Rica: Although a tour to this country can be expensive, there are some places you can visit at a more affordable price, which include the Nicoya Peninsula, where beautiful beaches offer travelers great surf and chilled-out accommodation. It also has plenty of less-traveled rural towns and beaches, like Playa Nosara, and even national parks that offer plenty of activities that you can partake in.
7. Bolivia: This is a South American country that has some amazing sights. On a tour that includes food, transportation, and accommodation, you could spend as little as $50 per day. Although transportation comes at a cheap rate, it is best to plan for delays because schedules are not always reliable and roadblocks happen often.
8. Bulgaria: Bulgaria has a significant number of mountains that are perfect for exploration on foot or by bike. It has a lot to offer budget travelers, ranging from the most deserted beaches in Europe, its appealing coastline, its lovely old towns, which include Varna on the coast and ancient Plovdiv,
9. Mexico: As regards food, there are countless restaurants and even plenty of opportunities to taste Mexican street food. Also, if you like the idea of budget activities, there are numerous museums throughout this country that can be accessed either for free or for an extremely small fee. Additionally, there are free events that take place almost every single night in the city’s central plaza.
10. Costa Rica: This is an affordable and fun destination to visit because of its many natural attractions, which include rainforests, volcanoes, and beaches. In addition, the country has a well-developed infrastructure and a wide range of tourist facilities, making it easy to find everything you need while you are there.
Visiting places does not necessarily have to cost a fortune. All you need to do is come up with a plan, travel out of season, be accommodation savvy by not going to lodge inexpensive hotel rooms, pack everything you would need, and possibly earn while you travel.