Beaches often serve as a relaxation area, and preference varies from one individual to the other. Preference could be based on amenities such as accessibility, swimming and water sports options, safety, sense of place, relaxation, and the number of people who come visit, as some people do not like to visit crowded areas.
The world has several amazing beaches from which you can select. Some of these beaches are found in popular cities; some are situated on tropical islands, while some are far away inside national parks. The top 10 beaches found in the world are:
1. Navagio Beach: This beach is located in Greece and is a beautiful sandy cove on the Greek island of Zakynthos. It is also known as Shipwreck Beach because it contains the wreck of a ship named Panagiotis. This beach is different from other beaches because here you can find sheer limestone cliffs, white sand beaches, and clear blue water, which attract thousands of tourists yearly. The beach strip can only be accessed by boat, but you can see it from above if you stand on the high side of the surrounding cliffs.
2. Tulum, Riveya Maya: This beach can be found in Mexico and is one of the best world cultural destinations. It is close to some of the most stunning Mayan ruins in all of Mexico, with several tourists visiting every day.
3. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland: This beach is located in Australia and is protected by the Whitsunday Islands National Park. The amazing view of this beach is basically because of its pure white silica sand, which gives it a brilliant color and can only be accessible by boat, helicopter, or seaplane due to its remote location in the Whitsunday Islands.
4. Baio Do Sancho: This is situated on the remote island of Fernando de Noronha and is located approximately 350 km off the coast of northeastern Brazil. It is perfect for snorkeling and spotting rays. It is also surrounded by vegetation-covered cliffs and can be reached by riding a boat or by foot on a dirt trail through a crack in a rock wall.
5. Long Beach, Canada: This beach is located within the boundaries of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve between Tofino and Ucluelet, and it is the longest sandy beach on Canada’s Vancouver Island, which offers a very attractive view.
6. Reethi Ra, Maldives: This is a spectacular beach that is a favorite with honeymooners from different parts of the world. Here, you’ll find classic overwater bungalows. However, they are only accessible to the guests of Reethi Ra.
7. Polihale Beach, Hawaii, USA: This beach is on the western end of Kauai, which has a stunning and beautiful view. It is therefore important to know that it can only be reached via foot, but preferably a four-wheel-drive vehicle.
8. Camps Bay in Cape Town: This is a popular beach which has been known to have white sand set against the backdrop of the Twelve Apostles mountain range and Table Mountain. It has amazing surrounding scenery and world-famous sunsets, but its water can be a bit cold, due to the currents in the Atlantic Ocean.
9. Maya Bay, Thailand: This is located on Thailand’s Koh Phi Phi with a ring of white sand surrounded by mangroves and towering limestone walls. It is around 200 m long and features silky soft white sand with underwater colorful coral. At this beach, visitors can enjoy activities like kayaking, snorkeling, and scuba diving around the bay.
10. Anse Source D’argent: this is located on La Digue Island and consists of large granite boulders studding the coastline, pink sand beaches and coconut palms. On its shores, you will find the warm waters of the Indian Ocean lapping, and its offshore reef provides protection from ocean waves, making the turquoise water an ideal spot for swimming.
An experience on any of these beaches could give tourists a lasting and remarkable impression, which would prompt you to share your incredible beauty with many other travelers.