Africa is said to be the second-largest and most populous continent but due to the daily rise in insecurity, civil unrest, armed robbery, petty theft, terrorism, and many others in some parts of the continent, nations across other continents now have a negative view about the safety of living in Africa.
It is important to understand that not all countries in Africa is unsafe but when visiting a country, it is important to adhere to all safety measures which may include avoiding late-night movement.
This being said, we took a survey on some countries in Africa that have little or no criminal record and this survey has helped us come to a conclusion on some of the safest countries in Africa. Some of the Safest Countries in Africa include:
1. Ghana: this is the second safest country in Africa and it offers a wide range of attractions which include safaris, sun-soaked beaches, wildlife viewing, vibrant nightlife, and cultural attractions.
2. Mauritius: this is a multicultural island country that is secure and it happens to be the safest country in Africa and also the 28th safest country in the world. This country is known to have a lot of tourist centers which include lagoons, wildlife, reef dives, and lush finest filled with wildlife.
3. Botswana: this is the third safest country in Africa and is known to be a popular tourist destination with a lot of attractions including game reserves, Chobe National park, and the Tsolido World Heritage site.
4. Sierra Leone: this is a Coastal country that is known for its rainforest and wild reserves and its numerous beaches. As much as Sierra Leone is safe to live in, there is an amount of assault and armed robbery and also untrained local police which has led to their inability to respond effectively.
5. Gambia: this is one of the safest countries in Africa and the leisure tourism of this country has significantly contributed to its Economy.
6. Senegal: this is the sixth safest country in Africa. It is known for its mix of scenic, animal sanctuaries, beaches, forests, and archaeological attractions. It has been recorded that Senegal has relatively low levels of crime and has a population known for accommodating a high number of tourists.
7. Tanzania: Tanzania is the seventh safest country and has some popular attractions of which the Serengeti Plains is the most popular. This plains offers tourists a potentially unforgettable Safari experience.
8. Malawi: this is the eighth safest country in Africa which has amazing places that can be visited. some of these amazing fun activities to try out in Malawi include lakes, wildlife, and landscape. Although this country has some level of crime it is generally low.
9. Equatorial Guinea: this country is known to have a number of tourist attractions such as rainforest flora, lakes, waterfalls, blue waters, sandy beaches, forested interiors, and wildlife ranging from gorillas to elephants.
10. Namibia: This country is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and the world’s oldest Desert in the east. The vast plains in this country also make it a great destination for a road trip. However, while crime is relatively low compared to other African countries, it is also unsafe to an extent. Tourists have been known to fall victim on most occasions to either petty or violent crime and have been advised to stay away from areas where such happens.
11. Swaziland: Eswatini is officially the Kingdom of Eswatini and was formerly named Swaziland. this country has been recorded as one of the countries safe to live in Africa but some irregularities such as petty crime still occur but it is relatively low when compared to some other countries.
12. Liberia: this country is safe but has a number of crimes that occur. However, for tourists, there are some areas that can be visited such as Mount Woligizi, Sapo National park, and beaches near Robertsport.
The Global Peace Index has ranked these countries based on Ongoing domestic and International conflict, Societal safety, security, and Militarization