Cyprus is an island country and the third largest and third most populous island in the Mediterranean Sea south of the Anatolian Peninsula. This country has been known to have many cultural influences and it is becoming more popular among the digital entrepreneur community.
Cyprus is as well known to have good transport links, citizens pay low taxes, presence of simple company structure, it is a European Union country, warm weather, and lots more. However, these features have attracted a good number of individuals to migrate into the country. Below are the major things you need to know about living in Cyprus:
1. Cost of Living in Cyprus: the cost of living in this country is very much affordable ranging from low property prices, cheap food, and good living quality. In Cyprus eating out can be said to be generally reasonably cheap, the bus network is also cheap and very accessible but there is a limited public transport system. However in Cyprus, because you might need to import some goods and this country being an Island, some things like cars can be quite expensive.
2. Schooling in Cyprus: In this country, public schooling varies from one school set-up to the other however language barriers may be a challenge in a school like this but you can decide to attend a private or international school which is much more affordable also. Most international institutions offer the British and American Programmes.
3. Climate in Cyprus: this country is usually sunny most days of the year because it has a typically Mediterranean climate. However, the month of May and October are usually hot with occasional rain and the winter period commence between December to February. On average the annual temperature is between twenty-five degrees centigrade during the day and fifteen degrees centigrade at night. As a new immigrant, the weather may be a little uncomfortable during the summer period especially if you are from a cold country.
4. Citizens of Cyprus: the citizen of Cyprus are known to be accommodating and friendly, loyal and find much interest in food, traditions, and their cultural heritage. Cypriots are also known to be well educated an also able to speak English fluently.
5. Crime rate: the crime rate in this country is known to be low and this does not mean crime does not happen at all but the rate of crime is said to be tolerable compared with other European countries.
6. Language: Although in this country they speak other languages such as Greek and Turkish but the widely spoken language is English. Even restaurant menus, road signs, and documents are written in English language.
7. Housing: the prices of houses in Cyprus vary depending on the city. Although prices are quite affordable it is gradually going up. However, since the pandemic, there has been a decrease in both rentals and sales of houses. The most affordable houses have been discovered around the Paphos region and due to a lot of space in this area, you could easily locate a large plot of villa surrounded by nature.
8. Flight to and fro Cyprus: There are direct flights to Cyprus from many different European cities and easy to access. This Island has two major airports which are Larnaca International Airport and Paphos International Airport. All of which have routine flights to mainland Europe, the United Kingdom, Russia, Israel, Lebanon, and Jordan.
9. Cities in Cyprus: In Cyprus, there are four main cities which are Nicosia, Paphos, Larnaca, and Limassol. Nicosia is the capital of Cyprus, it has a lot of job opportunities, and a great culture but it is a very hot area, noisy, and has a high rate of pollution. Limassol is known to have good forex jobs but the rate of traffic in this area is high and the beaches are also not nice. Larnaca is known to have beautiful beaches, a Cozy coastline, and prices of items are reasonably affordable, Paphos has very affordable accommodation prices and lovely nature but it is a less developed area.
Some popular activities are known to be done in Cyprus which include watersports, boat hire, and some other interesting activities. As an entrepreneur in this country, there are also various co-working spaces where you can rent a desk or even a whole office space at an affordable price depending on the size of your business.