HOW TO GET A GOVERNMENT JOB WITHOUT STRESS
Getting a government job in a country like Nigeria without stress is quite hard but not impossible. It’s competitive, however there are a lot of graduates out there that still find it easy to get federal government jobs.
To get a government job without stress, there are tips given to make it easier, if they are followed ;
1. Finishing school with good grades: Make sure you finish University with good grades, this is very important as it’s one of the first things that will be looked at when you submit your CV at the government office you wish to work. Your grades as an undergraduate is very important, making sure to finish with a highly good grade.
2. Submitting a detailed CV : this is very important, make sure your CV is well detailed and impressive for it to attract your interviewer. Duties that perceive you as been a very responsible individual should be added into your CV.
3. Being socially interactive : To get a government job without stress, you need to be socially interactive. A socially awkward person might find it hard to interact and relate with people. You need to have built your self confidence so as to be able to communicate well in social gatherings, business gatherings, the office environment with your colleagues. You need to be able to contribute and pass across your opinions and ideas on business to your associates, these are the characteristics that would be observed by your interviewer, for them to know you are the right person for the position you are applying for.
4. Work experience : Ensure you have a working experience of atleast 2-5 years before you apply for a job, these are part of the criteria that are mostly looked for in a CV. Some of the vacant positions in a government office is believed to require people with atleast little experience to fill it, so as to know how long to train you and fill you in.
5. Lobbying : this is another easy way of getting a government job. Having connection with influential people, this method is considered direct due to the fact that it works quickly when you have good grades and an impressive record, you don’t need to stress yourself mentally wondering if you’ll be picked because you already know you are picked.
6. Research on the job being applied for: Make sure you have an idea about the job you are applying for, make researches on the job, especially when given your job description in order to have adequate knowledge on what your job specification entails. This helps in the interview session especially, as you being able to answer the questions asked by the interviewer professionally gives you an edge over others also applying.
These tips assists a job seeker in securing a governmental job with little or no stress and greater chance of employment.