FIVE MOST COMMON SLEEP DISORDERS AND A SOLUTION FOR EACH OF THEM.
Sleep disorders are health disorders and conditions that prevents you from sleeping adequately, it is normal to experience the lack of sleep some times due to one thing or the other but what is not healthy is when it keeps happening often.
Lack of sleep can be mentally draining and exhausting, it takes a serious toll on your day to day activities because the energy and the will to get through the day is lacked. When lack of sleep becomes a cycle that keeps occurring everyday no matter how exhausting or drained you feel at night, it becomes a sleeping disorder. It gives a disorientating look during the day, Eye bags becomes very obvious and dark circles surrounds the eyes.
There are different types of sleeping disorders but here below are five which are the most common in the society. Sleep is a necessity in human life that should not be ignored, it is important and a luxury that should be cherished, ignoring your sleep disorders can create a damage to your mental health, physical health and also your emotional health, it should be treated as soon as possible.
1. Insomnia: this is the most common form of sleeping disorder whereby your body system refuses to shut down and get rest at night, you find yourself awake throughout the night sometimes for no cogent reason. Chronic insomnia which is when lack of sleep keeps occurring can be caused by the types of medications you take, excess intake of coffee, a medical condition, stress or habits that disrupts sleep, Emotional issues and so one However, insomnia can be treated depending on how Chronic it is, some treatments last for years while some last for few weeks. There are natural cures that can be adopted for insomnia without needing to consult a medical practitioner, trying to improve your sleep hygiene by disciplining your brain to not wander and try taking naps, revising your day time habits and making sure to have enough rest helps to cure it .
2. Restless Legs Syndrome: this is when there is an irresistible urge for you to keep moving your legs at night. The inability to stay still at night but been uncomfortable and itchy which leads to the continuous shaking of legs. It is highly impulsive. However, There are home remedies for Restless legs syndrome, the major one is exercising your legs, trying to stretch them during the day and also trying to let it stay still for minutes before moving it again.
3. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: this occurs when you feel sleepy, tired, stressed and disorganized at uncomfortable times or times when you need to be at work. Circadian rhythms are the human internal clock that regulates the 24hrs sleep-wake cycle of humans, when the circadian rhythm is faulty or gets disrupted, It becomes sleep disorders. It can also be caused by depression and issues surrounding a person. Seeking medical attention is the best possible help for Circadian Rhythm sleep disorders. A therapist is needed to help reprocess your sleeping schedule.
4. Sleep Apnea: Apnea means “no airflow”, this is a very risky and life threatening sleep disorder because your breathing stops at intervals during sleep causing you to wake up frequently. Most times, victims of sleep apnea don’t remember those times they woke up due to the stop of their breathe temporarily, but the effect would be obvious during the day because they become depressed, exhausted and irritated by little things. The energy to be very productive during work hours is reduced extremely due to the sleep disorder. Some of the people that have sleep apnea tend to snore a lot in a very disturbing manner. The best way to treat sleep apnea is by seeking medical attention as soon as possible, it is very hazardous to the health for it to be allowed to keep happening.
5. Narcolepsy: this is when you have an uncontrollable body system that shuts down during the day. It is Caused by the dysfunction of the brain mechanism that controls sleeping and waking. There are treatments that are prescribed to suppress the sleep disorder for them to be able to go about their daily activities. People that have Narcolepsy tend to have “sleep attacks” in the middle of their day to day activities. At times when driving, during meetings and so on.
It is extremely important to seek medical help or adopt home remedies if you have any of these sleeping disorders, each of it is very harmful to the health if it’s not taken seriously.