There are several payment solutions available, but Xpress Payment stands out due to the several services it can offer. Xpress Payment Solutions Limited is a Nigerian financial technology company which specializes in the design, implementation and provision of platforms for electronic payments, collections, bill payment, and funds disbursement.
They also serve as a licensed payment terminal service provider to deploy and manage point-of-sale terminals. The following are things you need to know about Xpress payment.
1. Simple registration: registering is a simple process. Firstly, click on “sign up” at the top right of the homepage and fill in the registration form. Upon a successful registration, an email will be sent to the email address you inputted on the registration form for verification. Then click on the activation link in the body of the email forwarded to you to activate your profile. After this, you could then return to the official website, http://www.payxpress.com, to log in with your User ID and password, to carry out any service you would like to engage in. However, after registration, there are some services you are required to make payment for, and to have these you would be required to navigate to more services. On the left hand side of the dashboard, click on the search icon at the middle part of the homepage, then enter the service you would like to know the rate attached to and search.
2. Pay Express service: This is a Value-Added Service that is offered, which provides customers with services such as single and bulk purchases of airtime and data; electricity bill payment; TV subscription; tax and levies; insurance; institution fees; and funds transfer to self or third party beneficiaries.
3. E-Cashier service: This is a service provided by bank branches in which funds are collected on behalf of public and private sector clients, religious organizations, and subscribers for payment of various services such as taxes, bills, donations, and so on.
4. Xpress payout service: this service is designed for high single and large volume bulk payments, and it provides a variety of customizable and detailed reports. Basically, it has been designed to manage salary payments, pension payments, payments to vendors and some others.
5. Xpress view service: this is a very good tool for financial managers in financial institutions, which can be used to monitor bank account positions very closely for cash management. It provides a single dashboard view for online account balances and account statement generation in various currencies across multiple banks.
6. Xpress Reg service: This is a go-to app for users looking for a service to manage vehicle administrations and registration because it is an electronic multi-functional platform designed to manage vehicle administrations and registration. It also provides users with an operational means of collating vehicle details within a region for statistical reasons.
7. Xpress report service: On the Xpress payment platform, this service provides detailed transaction reports in textual and graphical formats that can be used for auditing, reconciliation, and treasury activities. To do this, all you need to do is log-in to the platform using your User ID, which is also your email address and password, click on your username, which will be the last item on the menu to the left of the dashboard, click on “View Transaction History” from the drop-down menu to have an overview of transactions done, then filter and view transactions by date and reference number.
8. Reseller Xpress service: similar to pay express, but a commission-based platform for resellers or merchants to carry out services such as bulk airtime purchase, airtime purchase, electricity bill payment, WEB API Integration, transaction reposting, and many more.
The Xpress payment platform is a secure and safe platform to use, as well as compliant with international security standards. However, in cases where you do not get value for the payment made, you can contact the support team via e-mail at email@example.com or click on the live chat icon at the bottom right side of the platform to speak with a customer support executive.