Mauritius is located in the southeast of Africa and it is a paradise for travelers because it is known for beaches, lagoons, and reefs. Spending holidays here can be a memorable experience as there are a variety of things to do in Mauritius.
It is also known as the regular spot for honeymooners because the beaches, islands, forts, parks, museums, shopping hubs, and monuments will keep the tourists on their toes. Below are the best sights to view in Mauritius.
1. Le Morne beach: This is a beach for tourists who love adventure and thrilling experiences. You could as well plan a trip with friends or family because this site provides you with the opportunity to enjoy quality sessions of swimming and deep-sea diving.
2. Black River Gorges National Park: This is suitable for tourists who look forward to exploring the rich flora and fauna of Mauritius. The Black River Gorges National Park has an extent of 68 kilometers and is a breeding ground for various species of animals and plants.
3. Chamarel Colored Earth: There are as many as seven different colors of sand particles here, which looks exciting and can pique the interest of potential tourists.
4. Pamplemousses Botanical Garden: This is also known as the “Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden,” and it is popularly known and visited for its attractive giant water lilies.
5. Ile Aux Cerfs: The highlights of this site include sun-kissed beaches, surfing opportunities, attractive destinations, museums, underwater sports, and sunbathing.
6. Trou Aux Biches: If you are a lover of swimming and snorkeling, this is the go-to place for you. It also has gentle beaches, clear waters and finger-licking street food, which makes it the perfect destination for family getaways.
7. Belle Mare Plage: This location is filled with scenic beauties, picturesque locales, and attractive highlights that are capable of filling your heart with a lot of excitement.
8. Pereybere: This location is well-known for its snorkeling and deep-sea diving opportunities, and it is one of Mauritius’ most popular tourist destinations.
9. La Cambuse: lovers of adventure sports can likewise visit this location because it has crystal clear waters and beautiful hence, creating the perfect setting for a breathtaking journey of water sports and outdoor adventure.
10. Tamarin Waterfalls: This waterfall is made up of seven cataracts on the Tamarin River and is known as the “Seven Cascades. Upon visiting this site, you can go on fun activities such as hiking, bird-watching, canyoneering, and cliff-jumping.
11. Blue Penny Museum: This location is known to have a glimpse of artistic excellence where you can develop an acquaintance with the magnificent art and culture of the French, Dutch, and English.
12. The Photo Museum: The Photo Museum is a collection of vintage cameras and a series of iconic photographs from the past.
13. Grand Baie Bazaar: This site location is mostly for impulsive buyers where you can get local wares to add memories of the tourist places you visited in Mauritius even after your vacation has ended.
14. Llot Gabriel: Here you will enjoy the surreal views of sunset and sunrise, calm winds, gentle sunshine, and incredible weather.
Sights on vacation should be memorable as they don’t happen quite often. If you are a frequent traveler or a first-timer, the destination, city, or country plays a vital role.