Ride-hailing, which can also be referred to as a taxi service, could be said to be a state when a customer makes an order for a customized ride online, usually via a smartphone application. The ride hailing application is a third party that mediates the service between the driver and the passenger.
Some of the best taxi and ride hailing apps in the world are:
1. Lyft: This is based in San Francisco and delivers advanced, quality taxi services at affordable prices. This company currently operates in over 640 cities across the United States and in nine cities in Canada, whose drivers are professional and highly rated. This is the second largest ridesharing company in the United States, with a 28% market share, and can serve as an alternative to Uber. The top features of this ride hailing app are that you can track the driver’s estimated arrival time with real-time tracking, you can place an order with a simple tap on the screen, and you can make payment directly from the app.
2. Cabify: This is a Spanish taxi booking app and a widely used transport app that allows users to move around the city comfortably and safely with a private car and driver. To place an order on this app, all you need to do is open the app, enter the destination where you want to go, and choose the type of vehicle you want to travel in, like Lite, Executive, or Easy Taxi.
3. Curb: is the most popular ride-hailing app in the United States and enables riders to book professional and insured drivers instead of sharing a ride in a private car. It is available in 65 U.S. cities, including New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia. Amazingly, this ride hailing app offers special preferences like wheelchair and baby-seat, and payment for the taxi fare can be paid with a credit card, PayPal, or cash.
4. Bolt: Previously known as Taxify, this popular taxi-booking app based in Estonia allows Estonian citizens to book a quick and affordable ride anywhere and at any time. When booking a ride, the rider can see the ride price upfront and know what they will pay. Some of the top features of the Bolt app are access to set the destination and request a ride. This allows riders to know the ride cost upfront, and there is a payment gateway integration to pay directly from the app.
5. Careem: This is a transportation network company based in Dubai, and it operates in over 100 cities in 14 countries in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia. Some of the top features of the Careem ride-hailing app include access to select a drop-off location for a fare estimation and the opportunity to pick a car type and choose the type of ride from Ride Now or Ride Later, depending on the time needed.
6. Blacklane: This is a professional cab booking app that has the most competitive rates. It is available at over 500 airports and 300 or more cities in over 60 countries across the globe. Some of the top features of the Blacklane ride-hailing app include booking a ride easily and scheduling it one hour before or months ahead of time. It permits choosing from a desired vehicle class, like a business van, first-class or green class.
7. Gettaxi: This is a popular taxi booking app whose strategy is to develop a profitable company that mainly focuses on corporate ground transportation. With this ride hailing app, riders will experience reliable, user-friendly, and effortless travel; they can also schedule a ride for later and share ratings and reviews after completing their ride.
8. Uber: Uber has become more popular around the world due to its expansion into various countries. Some of the top features of Uber are that riders can share their ride with close ones for safety reasons; a ride can be scheduled in advance so that riders do not get late; and both the driver and the rider can give a rating to each other for future reference by other users.
These ride hailing apps are generally known for their convenience, safety, and reliability, which has led to their high usage by riders in different parts of the world.