Photo editing is the process of enhancing an image to make it look like what you saw with your eyes. It also helps to correct issues such as images producing muted colours, low contrast, and off-balanced lighting then aims at bringing out the true beauty of your photo the way you remember it.
The best photo editing application can improve and makes your photos outstanding whether you are a professional or casual photographer, thereby making whatever the subject of your picture is, look very much better.
It is important to know that the best photo editing apps fall into two categories: Those intended for everyday consumers, and those geared more towards professional photographers.
It is also necessary to know that majority of the best photo editing apps give you a certain number of features for free, but you have to pay a monthly or annual subscription for the full suite of features.
MAJOR FACTORS THAT QUALIFY THE BEST PHOTO EDITING APPLICATIONS
- It has to be intuitive and very much easy to use because nobody wants to spend hours or days checking through the application menus just to get to the right setting.
- It should also offer a comprehensive set of tools to make your photos nice.
- It should be super simple to share your images with family and friends because that is one of the reasons the picture was taken in the first place.
- Quality and accessibility of the interface.
BEST PHOTO EDITING APPLICATIONS
- PICSART: this is available for both Android and IOS users. It is easy to use, and also covers the bases for consumer mobile photography, It provides lots of creative control, excellent image-editing tools and a large variety of attractive filters. Likewise, the fun stickers can easily be created and also selected, pictures can be combined into highly customizable collages, and also the full-featured camera module includes pre-capture effects and photo tools.
- SNAPSEED: this photo editor app is for photographers who want or need to spend time creating the best possible image while on the go. It has a full array of top-notch editing tools, including selective edit brushes, together with a nice collection of film-related filters such as Lens Blur, Retrolux and Double Exposure.
Editing on the Snapseed is non-destructive which means you can always go into the Stack which is known as the layers of edits and adjust or eliminate any edit including correcting the misspelt text. Therefore, these features have made it one of the best photo editing apps for professional photographers who want or need to spend time fine-tuning their pictures.
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Adobe Photoshop is also one of the best photo editing apps due to its Artificial intelligence, which applies special effects and photo corrections before or after you shoot with your camera. Adobe Photoshop uses filters to apply special effects or make adjustments to colour, lighting and clarity. But what makes this app more special is its ability to use Adobe Sensei which automatically identifies the type of photo (portrait or landscape) and creates masks for key aspects.
- SNAPCHAT : Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with your friends and family. Snapchat opens right to the Camera — just tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video. It also helps you Stay in touch with friends through live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
Snapchatters can always capture or save your messages by taking a screenshot, using a camera, or otherwise. Be mindful of what you Snap!
- PIXLR: Now there’s more reasons to use Pixlr for all your online image editing needs. Whether you’re up for classic desktop style photo editing or prefer something more modern, we’ve got you covered. Both Pixlr X and E are AI-powered online photo editors that let you unleash your creativity in one click to achieve professional photo edits more intuitively than ever. Remove backgrounds with the bg remover or create a transparent image for your design with a tap. It’s all about making design smarter, faster and easier for you with our next level AI-photo editing features. Design and do so much more with the World’s #1 Cloud-based Photo Editor now.
Other editing applications include , Adobe Lightroom, Prisma, FAcetune2, Afterlight, VSCO, TouchRetouch,