Skillshare is an online learning platform with thousands of classes for creative professionals and entrepreneurs, which offers several thousand courses on one of the most popular online learning platforms. Skillshare offers a wide variety of topics, but the most value is in creative topics like design, photography, cinematography, motion graphics, and lots more. As a learner, you can take an online course on a specific skill that you want to learn, while as a tutor, you can create and publish a course on any skill you have and make some side income.
Below is all you need to know about Skillshare:
1. Pricing: Skillshare offers three pricing plans, which include free, premium, and team plans. The free plan comes at no cost but with limited access. The premium plan can be categorized into premium monthly and premium annual, where the premium monthly plan costs $15 per month, the premium annual plan costs $15 per year, and the team plan costs $99 per user per year. Each plan offers a distinct set of features, of which the free plan includes more than 2,427 free classes; access to join the community to create projects, discussions, learn with other students; and also download free mobile applications on Android, iOS, and Apple TV to learn from anywhere; the premium plan gives users the opportunity to have offline access; unlimited access to more than 30,000 classes; watch classes without ads; the membership funds the royalty pool that pays teachers every month; and provision for exclusive discounts from popular creative services; on the team plan, it permits you to inspire your team with on-demand classes, in-person events, customized learning paths, world-class creative, and lots more.
2. Referral: Skillshare gives users a free month to users whenever they refer a friend, a family member, or anyone else to the platform. For instance, if a new user signs up using your link and completes their first full payment of premium membership, they will receive 14 days of premium membership for free, and your account will be credited with a free month of premium.
3. Creating an account: visit Skillshare official website by inputting the URL into your browser, fill out the required information, and click on “Sign Up. If you want to start your 2 month free trial of the premium plan, fill out the billing information and if otherwise, click on the Skillshare logo at the top left corner.
4. Interface: Skillshare has an easy-to-navigate interface, where you can see the skills you follow or follow the skills you are interested in; search; browse; teach; my classes; notifications; and profile
5. Becoming a tutor: for users who like to teach online and educate others, you might consider teaching on Skillshare as this could be a means or opportunity to make side income online. To become a tutor, simply create an account on Skillshare, visit skill share official website, then click on start a class, then upload your video lessons, add a title and description, choose a category, sub-category, class type, and level, and click on save draft or publish to publish your course. However, you can decide to set up your class type as free or premium.
6. Skillshare payment: Skillshare tutors get paid based on the number of minutes watched by premium students in their classes each month, which could range from $0.05 to $0.10 per minute watched. However, to receive a payment, you must get at least 30 premium minutes watched across all of your classes within a month, but you will not get paid for the minutes watched by students through a free class or a free access link.
Additionally, as a creative professional, Skillshare is good for you when it comes to continuing your education, and even as a creative non-professional, you can browse and register for several free courses.