On your mobile phone, Chipper cash is used to send and receive money the fast and easy way across Africa. It is a legitimate platform whose specialty is facilitating cross-border payments which is available for both Android and iPhone users.
What you should know about chipper cash:
1. Chipper Cash offers a wide range of financial products: Chipper Cash offers a wide range of financial products. Recently, it added cryptocurrency trading options to its business payment solutions, which simply means BTC, ETH, USD, and Dogecoin are available for purchase and sale.
2. How it works: You can use Chipper to send and receive money to and from anyone. All you need to do is add money to your Chipper wallet, and this can be done by downloading Chipper Cash from the Playstore for Android users and the Apple Store for iOS users, then launching the app. Register your details, which include your name, phone number, and email. When you try to add money to your mobile money account, your phone will prompt you to approve the request. Once the request is approved, Chipper will transfer the money from your mobile money account to your Chipper wallet. Upon successful transfer into your wallet, you can send it to anyone at no cost.
3. Bank account withdrawal: Chippercash allows users to withdraw funds from their Chipper wallets and deposit them into their mobile money accounts. To initiate this, enter the amount you wish to “Cash out” and tap the Cash Out button in the Chipper app. The money will be sent directly to your mobile money account instantly.
4. Transfer limits: Newly-registered users can receive an unlimited amount of money from anyone, anywhere. However, you will only be able to send a maximum of four million nairas (N4, 000,000) and make withdrawals of twenty thousand nairas (N20, 000) daily. However, to increase this withdrawal limit, you would have to verify your identity by providing your Bank Verification Number (BVN) and taking a clear passport photograph. Chipper Cash will verify the information provided and raise your transaction limits accordingly. Also, doing this would automatically provide you with your Chipper Account Number.
5. Bill payments: Chipper Cash permits you to pay for internet subscriptions, electricity bills, and TV bills. You can as well use the Chippercash to purchase airtime for your contacts by simply tapping on the ‘Contacts’ button to purchase airtime for someone on your contact list.
6. Security and Privacy: Chipper Cash has some measures in place to help safeguard your account and funds. Each time you sign out of the Chipper Cash app, upon logging in back; you will be required to go through Two-Step Authentication (via SMS) before you can log back into your account. The app also has a security lock feature that will prompt you to enter your Chipper PIN each time you close the app, and this would prevent anyone who has access to your device from opening your Chipper Cash dashboard without your authorization.
7. Availability: Chipper Cash is only available in 8 countries, which are Nigeria, the United Kingdom, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, and Kenya. However, the company’s management has further stated that more countries will be added in no time.
8. The Chipper Card: This is a virtual, internationally-enabled VISA card that comes at no cost and can be used to make purchases on both local and international websites. This card is only valid for 3 years and can be used for budgeting by loading just what you need on the card.
The Chipper Cash app is easy to navigate through and highly recommended for smartphone users. Interestingly, the purchase of airtime attracts a discount, while all other bill payments are made at no cost. There is also in-app customer support, but it is also available on Twitter and Facebook.