Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese, and are also fat-free, cholesterol-free, and virtually sodium-free. Vitamin B6 from bananas is easily absorbed by the body, and a medium-sized banana can provide about a quarter of your daily vitamin B6 needs. It has also been recorded that a medium-sized banana will provide about 10% of your daily vitamin C needs. Highlighted below are the main health benefits of bananas for men.
1. Maintains blood sugar levels: High blood sugar levels can increase your risk of developing chronic diseases and have an impact on your overall health. However, the consumption of banana would rapidly increase blood sugar levels because it contains pectin and resistant starch, which help to regulate blood sugar.
2. Aids in the fight against cancer: Due to the high antioxidant content of bananas, they can aid in the fight against free cancer-causing radicals, which increase the risk of diseases such as prostate and lung cancer. Bananas are also very rich in antioxidants that help the body get rid of free radicals that could cause the production of cancerous cells in the body.
3. Improves heart health: It has been documented that many men suffer from heart disease. However, heart diseases in men can be prevented by eating the right kind of diet, especially one containing potassium, which is a mineral that is crucial for heart health, particularly blood pressure control. Bananas contain a significant level of potassium and this helps to lower the risk of heart disease, keep blood pressure within healthy levels and regulate the heartbeat.
4. Aids digestion: Bananas are said to help with digestion and gastrointestinal issues because a medium banana contains about 10-12% of your daily fiber needs. It can be categorized into soluble and insoluble fibers. The soluble fiber helps your body get rid of fatty substances such as cholesterol, while the insoluble fiber adds softness to stools, making it easier for you to have regular bowel movements, which in a way helps to keep your gut healthy and safe from harmful bacteria. Bananas can also help overcome gastrointestinal issues such as stomach ulcers, heartburn, and constipation.
5. Provides energy and is good for the skin: Because bananas contain sucrose, fructose, and glucose, they are fat- and cholesterol-free source of energy. Its manganese content assists your body in making collagen and protects your skin and other cells against free radical damage.
6. Helps to fight anemia and increase libido: Anemia patients are strongly advised to eat foods that are rich in iron to enable the production of hemoglobin, of which bananas are a good source. It has high iron content, which would improve the production of hemoglobin and help supply you with oxygen-rich blood. Also, to increase sexual activity, they help in boosting the function of the male reproductive organ and keeping it in amazing shape because they contain an enzyme called bromelain that increases blood flow and libido in men.
The benefit of bananas to men is not limited to the above point, and you could as well have it at the back of your mind that it has a worldwide appeal. However, for men, making bananas a part of your regular diet is something you should do due to the many health benefits.