Instagram ads, also known as Instagram advertisements, are a way for brands to advertise online and show off their creative side with images, videos, and other visual content. However, not all Instagram ads work the same way, so it is important to have a solid understanding of the basic concepts and options before creating a campaign. Instagram ads come in different types, which are Instagram Ads with videos, Instagram Ads with pictures, and Sequential Ads.
Below are 10 ways to promote ads on Instagram.
1. Analyze your audience and switch to a professional account: The better you know your target audience, the more precisely the targeted ads will be set up and the more suitable bloggers and collaboration partners you will choose. A personal account has its limits and cannot launch targeted ads, but switching to a professional account provides more features. To do this, open “Settings”, then go to “Account”, tap “Switch to Professional Account” and choose “Business.”
2. Request people to subscribe to your account: It is much better to have at least 50 to 100 followers, as this could give an edge when users come from other bloggers, targeted ads, or Instagram search.
3. Be active on other social media accounts: This can be accomplished by commenting on posts or pages that your target audience frequents, as this may draw their attention.
4. Follow similar accounts: You can do this by going to the profiles of your target followers, selecting the right subscribers, liking their posts, and following them. However, this could make some users curious to know who liked their content and requested it to their friends, and if your business profile is really interesting, they will subscribe to you too.
5. Use hashtags in your posts: It is critical to include relevant hashtags to the topic under each post, as this may make it easier to collaborate with other bloggers.
6. Request that a blogger promote your blog: It is beneficial to select bloggers or business accounts who are posting content relevant to your field or whose audience is similar to yours. However, this comes at a cost, and the bigger a blogger is, the more you have to pay.
7. Use targeted advertisements: Targeted advertisements are an effective but money-demanding way to attract new subscribers. When setting a campaign, you should know the parameters, distinguishing your own audience among all Instagram users. However, another route is to choose the right aim and, in getting more followers, choose the traffic consideration by estimating the average cost of a new subscriber.
8. Promote your best content: To do this, check back through your posts to find images or videos that sparked the most engagement from your audience, then repurpose those posts as ads to get a huge lift in responses from a wider audience.
9. Look-alike ads: it is necessary that you do not make your ads look alike so as to boost engagement and score more click-through. Most of the time, your audience is far more likely to respond to posts that look like natural content as opposed to repetitive product promotion.
10. Carousels: you can as well tell a story with image carousels, which means showcasing more images for subscribers to browse through. However, in doing this, do not just post product images; use photos that represent the experience of your product or service and how it makes people feel.
Instagram Ads appear on the newsfeeds of users you select to be a part of your target audience and would be clearly labeled as “sponsored.” However, in promoting ads on Instagram, it requires a lot of effort, time, and money.